Friday, June 11, 2010

Nothing Exciting but Still Focused

     All of today I have been on track. I have to say I am pleased with almost everything. I say almost because my arms and outer thighs are SO sore. This is what happens when I take a Just Weights class at the YMCA when I haven't been in awhile. I need to try and fit in some cardio today, but these sore muscles are going to hinder me. I'm thinking of just an easy walk on the treadmill while watching TV. Nothing too intense because I am planning on heading to the gym tomorrow morning for a cycle class, and I need to be ready for that.

     My mom, my sister, and I made lasagna, and I entered the ingredients into thedailyplate, and surprisingly it isn't all that bad! (: We are going to put it into the oven in a bit, and now I won't be completely jealous and mad when the house is filled with delicious smells because I can eat this. I'm also planning on steaming some zucchini to have with it.

     Today has been good and I am glad I have passed those first few days. Those days have always been the hardest for me. Once I make healthy eating a habit it isn't all that hard. So things are running smoothly I must say, and it makes me happy.

     Tomorrow is Saturday. Saturday means going out to dinner. It has always been one of things where the family goes out to a favorite restaurant and eats. The whole time is centered around food. Usually my parents talk about what they plan to order in the car as we drive to the restaurant. Then we usually order some sort of appetizer. And if we don't it is usually because there is tons of bread to eat while we wait for our meals. Then there are salads just drenched in dressing. I'm just adding up the calories in my head, and it scares me. It is a lot and I haven't even got to the main course! You see where I am going?

     It is going to be a challenge. I could either choose to completely pig out and start my diet tomorrow (but it rarely happens that way... usually it is a whole week of complete self loathing and binging before I get back on track). OR I could learn to control what I eat and make healthy decisions. I know my family isn't going to make this easy. They will choose to eat the same way. Nothing will change, and I know this because I have done this many times. Eating out and choosing to eat healthy isn't hard, but it is that quick second of deciding to eat that buttered croissant that my sister offered that seems to determine how the rest of the meal (and the next week or so) will go. I need to get out of that all-or-nothing mind set. It is going to destroy me.

     Speaking about my family and their eating habits. I know I can't change how they eat, but it is bothersome at times that they continue to gain weight without a care. I mean I am sure they care, but I can't force them to start the journey. It's a decision they have to make on their own. I have more to say on this matter, but I will save it for a later date.

     That seems to be all that is on my mind. There isn't any new exciting news. I'm still focused. Still ready for whatever comes my way. And that includes going out Saturday night. (:

Again...
Lots of love,
Jessica



   

No comments:

Post a Comment