Thursday, July 15, 2010

Holiday World

     So, yesterday I went with a friend of mine to Holiday World. We did TONS of walking. A total of about 6 hours. This is good, but the way I ate wasn't. I don't care either because unlike every other time I have been to carnivals and theme parks I was actually in control of what I ate.

     It was 5:00 a.m. when I had a protein bar before we started driving. We stop around 9:30 a.m. at McDonald's (it seriously was the only place we could stop and eat for miles... we seemed to be surrounded by cornfields for about 99% of the time). I got a sausage biscuit and a water. I was hungry and it looked yummy and was. We got to the park and this is where the bad park comes in. We didn't eat for the next 7 hours. We had some locker issues and our money and everything was in there. So, when it came time to eat I had two slices of pizza, a bread stick, and water. I didn't feel completely in control at this point because I was SO hungry, but I knew what I was eating and said it was okay because I was burning it off with all the walking. The last thing I had was an ice cream cone right before we left that I couldn't even finish.

THAT IS UNHEARD OF! I have NEVER not been able to finish and ice cream cone. Ever! Ice cream is my weakness (that and pasta).

     So, some things have changed. 1) I'm not always thinking of food. Usually, going to parks like this I was always thinking of food. I would eat whenever I got the chance and would eat way too much. 2) I am listening to my body tell me it is full. I didn't eat all of the pizza or the ice cream. I stopped when I was satisfied.

I'm proud (: but I want to make the next time even better by deciding ahead of time what I will eat and when.

Lots of love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment