Tuesday, June 22, 2010

When Weight Loss Becomes Habit

     I'm going out to see Toy Story soon. It should be fun, but this time the whole movie experience is going to be different. Going to the movies has always been a big thing for my family. When my family would visit and we were out of the house we would drive by and see what movies were playing. We would decide on what we wanted to watch and go see it. Of course there was popcorn. Tons of buttery delicious popcorn! Then each of the grand kids would get a candy. My grandmother loved to spoil us. And then on top of all of that we got quite a few of the large refillable cokes.

     Things aren't going to be that way this time. I just had one of the Yoplait Whips for a snack, and I plan to bring a serving of mini pretzels to snack on. I've realized that you really have to plan and set yourself up for success when you are trying to lose weight. I write out what I am going to eat for the next day the night beforehand. I make sure that I make it to the gym most days, and on the days when I don't make it I do some treadmill while watching some Losing It With Jillian.

     All of this planning has finally become routine again. Finally! I had so many "first days" before I got back on the weight loss thing. It only took one successful first day to keep me going. Now it is the beginning of the third week, and it all feels normal. I have moments were I feel like  screwing the whole thing because I mess up, but then I remember how great it feels to step on the scale and see the number drop. It feels great! It feels so goood and lasts soo much longer than the feeling of eating does. Sure... pizza and pasta and junk food taste great. But not as great as the feeling you get from seeing a loss on the scale. That feeling last. The feeling of eating something delicious doesn't. In fact, it turns into self loathing.

So, I have gotten into the habit of eating healthy. I'm feeling great. :D
Lots of love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment