Sunday, June 20, 2010

Prioritize

     I had an off day yesterday, and I didn't do anything terrible, but my mind just wasn't focused entirely on weight loss. That is okay. Sometimes life has to take the lead instead of weight loss. Most of the time my first priority is weight loss. I have to be completely focused on it at all times, and if I am not then I feel like I am slacking. I find it funny that I think that way sometimes. I mean, I am doing the weight loss thing so I will have more life and so I will be able to live life to the fullest. Well, sometimes living life and everyday activities are a priority, but weight loss seems to be on the top most of the time. Some people would say that this isn't healthy. I disagree.

     Sometimes life really does get to take first place on my list of things to do. That is okay. Sometimes life takes up everything. Too much stress, too many things to do, too much life! Weight loss gets put on the back burner. I'm no longer driving the car. I am sitting in the back seat asking if we are there yet. I don't know where we are going. I just trust that the driver is taking me in the right direction. When I am on autopilot I am not focused. When weight loss isn't my first priority... I stray. I lose my way. It happens almost ALL the time. It happens unless I catch it before I go spiraling out of control.

     I can't be on autopilot. It isn't healthy. Deciding to let other things take their place before weight loss can be risky. I don't trust autopilot. I won't. So, I have to make weight loss my first priority. I have to make ME my first priority.

I'm listening to A-Ha's Take On Me
Great song...
Here (:

Lots of love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment