Sunday, June 27, 2010

Doing Great!

     I have to say it was hard, but I am finally back in the swing of things. It takes a few days for me to get rolling again. Yesterday I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and maintained a 3.5 speed for most of the time. Today is going to be a day of rest. It isn't like I am sore and want to rest my muscles. I just have exercised for the last 6 days, and I want a break before next week starts.

     This week had its ups and downs. I believe it was Wednesday when I had a pretty low point just because of some family issues that (thankfully!) were solved and talked about that night. Still the things I ate that day hurt me. I'm just glad that I was able to say to myself that I made a mistake, and all I have to do is pick myself up, brush myself off, and keep on going. That is one of the hardest things I have had to learn on this journey. It probably is the same for others out there who are looking to lose some weight. Keep moving. Keep going. You can't beat yourself up! Sometimes the desire to do something comes after the action. So, if you are feeling beat down because of a mistake you made and don't have the motivation to keep going, sometimes you just have to do it. Take action. Get up and keep doing what you were doing, and the desire to lose the weight will come back. It really will.

     For those who messed up and are feeling desperate on this journey (and sometimes I get to the point where I need to be told this too) it will get easier! I promise. You will find a routine, and making healthy choices will become habit. Just keep going and in a few days you will find your groove. (:

     Anyhow, I found my camera! I don't really know when I am going to take progress pictures. I will have to look and see if I have pictures from my heaviest weight of 250 lbs. Hmm... I doubt it (I hid from cameras lol). I will take progress picture when I am 230 lbs. Sound good? Then from there I will take them every ten pounds lost.

     I decided to take some pictures of what I ate for lunch because breakfast wasn't that interesting (Special K cereal and skim milk). So, for lunch I had grilled chicken with a zucchini and yellow squash hash. It was SO yummy, and the hash was just delicious! All I did was grate half of a zucchini and one small yellow squash then cook it in a frying pan with a little bit of vegetable oil. I seasoned it with salt and pepper. Then I sprinkled on some parmesan cheese.

     This is what I used to season the chicken. I love this little thing. It says Dean Jacobs Gourmet Seasonings and it comes with char grilling broil spices and herbs, country herbs and spices, garlic pepper and herbs, and lemon pepper and herbs. I use this all the time (even though most of it is for red meats) to grill chicken. Its an easy way to flavor food without all the calories.

     Weigh in tomorrow! I'm hoping for the best! I'll post my results tomorrow morning.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend, and if you messed up and went off track, just remember that tomorrow starts a new week that is yours for the taking! :D

Lots of love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment